Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
About this product
- DescriptionThis bestselling title has been extensively revised and updated to provide an accurate statistical portrait of the American family as it exists today. Data collected from federal and state government agencies, Gallup polls, professional journals, and research are presented in a single, easily accessible format. Nearly 350 graphs, charts, and figures are provided. The second edition reflects the changing demographics of the American family. Among the issues receiving new or expanded coverage are the amount of time husbands spend doing household tasks, the concept of equal pay for equal work, parents' interaction with children, child abuse, household income, and fathers' participation in child care.
- Author BiographyBRUCE A. CHADWICK, Ph.D., is professor of sociology at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah, where he has served as department chairperson, director of the Family Studies Program, and director of the Center for Studies of the Family. He is a recipient of the Karl G. Maeser Research Award in recognition of his distinguished research career. Chadwick is the author of several books and numerous articles on many sociological, topics including the family. Chadwick received his bachelors, masters, and Ph.D. degrees in sociology from Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri. TIM B. HEATON, Ph.D., is an associate professor of sociology, Center for Studies of the Family, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah. He has coauthored a number of books and articles on cultural and societal demographics.
- Author(s)Bruce A. Chadwick,Tim B. Heaton
- Date of Publication17/12/1998
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleOryx Statistical Handbooks
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Notetables, charts, figures
- Weight1275 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.