Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis third edition aims to equip students with the skills to apply statistical analysis and quantitative techniques in research and the working environment where their kwledge can lead to effective decision-making. The book effectively combines theory and practice in providing: a theoretical framework for statistical problem-solving; a practical step-by-step approach to applying methods and calculations; a complete list of outcomes in each unit; worked examples with detailed explanations; and, practice in the form of guided activities and a range of self-test questions. The contents include the collection and presentation of data, descriptive measures, index numbers, regression and correlation analysis, time series, probability and probability distributions, statistical estimation and hypothesis testing. Calculation skills are revised in Part 2, a section that covers techlogy, elementary calculations, percentages and ratios, equations, graph construction and interest calculations. This edition includes examples and activities which cover t only the business field, but also food and biotechlogy, engineering, medicine and environmental studies.
- Author(s)Isabel Willemse
- PublisherJuta & Company Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- Place of PublicationKenwyn
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintJuta Legal and Academic Publishers
- Content Notetables & charts
- Weight484 g
- Width168 mm
- Height245 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.