All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPacked with everyday examples of statistics in the real world, STATISTICS: A TOOL FOR SOCIAL RESEARCH, 10e, provides a reader-friendly introduction to the fundamental concepts of statistics and their practical application to a wide variety of contemporary social issues. Using myriad examples of statistics from daily life, the text demonstrates that statistics are t just abstract mathematical constructs but have practical value in government, education, business, media, politics, sports, and much more. STATISTICS helps you understand the importance of statistical fundamentals in research without requiring advanced mathematical kwledge. It supports effective learning for both math-averse beginners as well as more advanced students in diverse social science disciplines. Focusing on the application of computational research in favor of the computations themselves, the text fully integrates with the most current version of IBM's SPSS software and labels end-of-chapter SPSS problems by the discipline from which they are drawn. The author breaks down even the most complex material to help you master key concepts and develop the skills you need to succeed as a professional in a social science field-or simply to become a statistically literate consumer of social research.
- Author BiographyJoseph F. Healey, Ph.D., is Professor Emeritus of Sociology Christopher Newport University. He is author of STATISTICS: A TOOL FOR SOCIAL RESEARCH, 10th Edition (Cengage, 2014); RACE, ETHNICITY, GENDER AND CLASS, 7th Edition (Sage, 2015); DIVERSITY AND SOCIETY, 4th Edition (Sage, 2014); and is co-author of several other texts. Healey earned his A.B. and M.A. from The College of William and Mary (sociology and anthropology) and Ph.D. from University of Virginia (sociology and anthropology). In his spare time, he plays and records music for the hammer dulcimer and banjo.
- Author(s)Joseph F. Healey
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication04/02/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight972 g
- Width194 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement10th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.