All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStatistics Explained is an accessible introduction to statistical concepts and ideas. It makes few assumptions about the reader's statistical kwledge, carefully explaining each step of the analysis and the logic behind it. The book: * provides a clear explanation of statistical analysis and the key statistical tests employed in analysing research data * gives accessible explanations of how and why statistical tests are used * includes a wide range of practical, easy-to-understand worked examples. Building on the international success of earlier editions, this fully updated revision includes developments in statistical analysis, with new sections explaining concepts such as bootstrapping and structural equation modelling. A new chapter - 'Samples and Statistical Inference' - explains how data can be analysed in detail to examine its suitability for certain statistical tests. The friendly and straightforward style of the text makes it accessible to all those new to statistics, as well as more experienced students requiring a concise guide. It is suitable for students and new researchers in disciplines including Psychology, Education, Sociology, Sports Science, Nursing, Communication, and Media and Business Studies. Presented in full colour and with an updated, reader-friendly layout, this new edition also comes with a companion website featuring supplementary resources for students. Ubtrusive cross-referencing makes it the ideal companion to Perry R. Hinton's SPSS Explained, also published by Routledge. Perry R. Hinton has many years of experience in teaching statistics to students from a wide range of disciplines and his understanding of the problems students face forms the basis of this book.
- Author BiographyPerry R. Hinton is a psychologist, and has worked for over twenty-five years in four British universities, in positions ranging from lecturer to Head of Department. He has taught in the areas of cognitive and social psychology, and research methods and statistics, primarily to psychology and communication and media students; but also to a wide range of students studying subjects including nursing, social work, linguistics, philosophy and education. He has written four textbooks and edited the Psychology Focus series for Routledge.
- Author(s)Perry R. Hinton
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/03/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note48 colour illustrations, 83 colour tables, 1 colour illustrations, 47 colour line drawings
- Weight929 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.