All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionModern statistics deals with large and complex data sets, and consequently with models containing a large number of parameters. This book presents a detailed account of recently developed approaches, such as the Lasso and boosting methods. It also provides the mathematical theory behind them, proving their great potential in a large number of settings. Both the methods and theory are then illustrated with real data examples.
- Author BiographyPeter Buhlmann is Professor of Statistics at ETH Zurich. His main research areas are high-dimensional statistical inference, machine learning, graphical modeling, nonparametric methods, and statistical modeling in the life sciences. He is currently editor of the Annals of Statistics. He was awarded a Medallion lecture by the Institute of Mathematical Statistics in 2009 and read a paper to the Royal Statistical Society in 2010. Sara van de Geer has been a full professor at the ETH in Zurich since 2005. Her main areas of research are empirical process theory, statistical learning theory, and nonparametric and high-dimensional statistics. She is an associate editor of Probability Theory and Related Fields, The Scandinavian Journal of Statistics and Statistical Surveys and a member of the Swiss National Science Foundation and correspondent of the Dutch Royal Academy of Sciences. She received the IMS medal in 2003 and the ISI award in 2005, and was an invited speaker at the International Conference of Mathematicians in 2010.
- Author(s)Peter Buhlmann,Sara Van De Geer,Sara van de Geer
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication08/06/2011
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Statistics
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight994 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.