All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionThis seventh volume of Research on Managing Groups and Teams examines the effects of status on individuals and groups. At the most basic level status describes the rank of individuals or groups within a specified context. It refers to the prestige hierarchy which determines, which individuals or groups are afforded hor and respect and are, consequently, given opportunities to influence outcomes. The authors in this volume consider both the role of status within groups and how the status of groups within their larger context affects members and overall group effectiveness. Consequently, the works presented here consider the relationship between the status of individuals and groups, the treatment they receive, and their participation within their immediate environment; the link between exhibited behaviors and status conferral; and the emergence and effects of status rivalries within and across groups, including challenges to existing status hierarchies. This book will be of particular interest to individuals interested in understanding the effects of status on individuals and the groups and organizations in which they are embedded.
- PublisherEmerald Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication14/07/2005
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleResearch on Managing Groups & Teams
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 7
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJAI Press Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight647 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byMelissa C. Thomas-Hunt,R. Wageman
- Volume editorMelissa C. Thomas-Hunt
- Series Edited byElizabeth A. Mannix,Margaret Ann Neale
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.