All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.18
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
About this product
- DescriptionIt had been 20 years since I slid down the emergency chute of my Air India flight onto the Los Angeles tarmac into what was to become an adventure I could never have imagined from the dyslexic haze of my Manchester childhood. I liked being illegally legal. I liked living my life on the edge of art. Nothing was an average day as I rose as a stand-up poet and juggled my fake jewellery empire from coast to coast. Recite ather poem. Lisa Marie Presley asked me. How do you say to the King of Rock n Roll's daughter? I lived in excess, making it up as I went along. From Jimmy Hoffa's son making me a sweet profit, to negotiating for my life with a New York mobster in a Manhattan lane way, to handing back my stolen copy of Howl to Allen Ginsberg. Yet ne of that could ever have prepared me for that cold JFK holding cell, r the fact that two weeks earlier Hollywood was mine, it had taken me years to get to that moment in my life. Stay Greasy Baby is my story, trying to run one step ahead of the madness, wanting to go home but t kwing where home was, yet most of all wanting to create the next poem. Standing behind my mic at the Standard Hotel, Hollywood, I performed nightly surrounded by celebrity, rock stars, pop stars, villains and things. And as Joaquin Phoenix lit the first July the 4th firework, I thought thing could stop me w. Or so I thought.
- Author(s)Stevie Belowsky
- Date of Publication30/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight476 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.