All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLarry Grodsky devoted his life to motorcycle safety. Through the riding courses he taught and his Stayin' Safe columns in Rider magazine (from 1988 until his untimely death in 2006), he helped thousands of motorcyclists improve their skills and their ability to ride really well. This collection of Grodsky's columns reveals his ability to illuminate complex and sometimes highly technical subjects with an entertaining and personal style, spiced with his trademark wry wit and keen observations of human behaviour. A master teacher, Grodsky was constantly learning from his students, always striving to find the best way to lead riders toward mastery of their two-wheeled vehicles. Many of his columns focus on helping riders develop specific skills (complete with practice exercises), while others deal with the riding environment and riders' mental processes. While it is packed with information useful to both vice and experienced motorcyclists, this book is t structured as a how-to guide to motorcycle proficiency. Rather, it is a collection of thoughtful essays to be read and savoured individually. Readers will be rewarded by the beautifully written stories of a great motorcycle riding instructor who has left his mark on a generation of grateful riders.
- Author BiographyLarry Grodsky's passion for motorcycling began in college and eventually led him to become a MSF instructor and the Safety Editor with Rider magazine, for whom he wrote more than 200 monthly columns. He eventually founded his own teaching program, Stayin' Safe, which uses road rides (rather than training ranges) to better learn the riding skills needed in real life situations.Pete Tamblyn is an instructor with Larry Grodsky's Stayin' Safe Motorcycle Training.Peter Tamblyn is an instructor with Larry Grodsky's Stayin' Safe Motorcycle Training.
- Author(s)Lawrence Grodsky
- PublisherWhitehorse Press
- Date of Publication26/03/2008
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNorth Conway
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWhitehorse Press
- Content Noteb/w illus
- Weight358 g
- Width235 mm
- Height160 mm
- Spine27 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.