Staying Up: A Fan Behing the Scenes in the Premiership by R.A. Gekoski (Paperback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
About this product
- DescriptionWHAT IS LIFE LIKE BEHIND THE SCENES AT A PREMIERSHIP FOOTBALL CLUB? Until this book, every fan was dying to kw the answer to this question. In 1997-98, Rick Gekoski became the first supporter to be allowed into the inner sanctum of a top club, Coventry City. This is his account of their struggle for survival in the toughest league in the world; the journey of a stranger in a hostile land where the natives are suspicious of outsiders and do t speak his language. What he discovered surprised him and will surprise the reader too. 'If I had kwn that you were going to write this sort of book, I never would have allowed you access to myself or the team. Having said that, I think it's one of the best books about football ever written. The closest anybody could get to what it's really like' Gordon Strachan, manager of Coventry FC, to the author.
- Author BiographyRick Gekoski is an American-born antiquarian bookseller and arguably the least likely person to be a supporter and season-ticket holder at Coventry City F.C.
- Author(s)R.A. Gekoski
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication04/11/1999
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight280 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.