Staying on Track: An Educational Leader's Guide to Preventing Derailment and Ensuring Personal and Organizational Success by Dale L. Brubaker, Larry Coble (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.54+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- Description'An exciting guide to help aspiring educational leaders develop' - Terrence E. Deal, Professor of Education, University of Southern California 'Moving, realistic, and candid. Every would-be and present administrator would benefit from reading this book' - Seymour B. Sarason, Author and Professor of Psychology Emeritus, Yale University 'Filled with practical, useful ideas to help you get (and keep!) your career going in the right direction. All school administrators should make this book a part of their personal learning plan. We are using it as a part of our intensive leadership training program' - Richard E. Maxwell, Deputy Executive Director, Buckeye Association of School Administrators Is your administrative career moving along as you intended? Are you getting closer to your ideal job? This book will help you deal with the pressures, pitfalls, and opportunities that face educational administration leaders. If you are on track, and especially if you're t, Brubaker and Coble will teach you how to identify and prevent derailment. This second edition is completely updated and two new chapters - Accountability and High-Stakes Testing and The Seasons of an Educational Leader's Career - address the new political realities of the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act. Use this guide to assess your chances for derailing. The authors provide precise information for avoiding potential career derailment and direction for continuing your self-development in order to become a more valuable asset to your school district and your board. You'll gain strategies to help start or keep your forward momentum, learn what you may be doing to sabotage prospects for promotion (or retention), and discover how to take steps to remedy the situation. Become - or remain - an effective, creative school administrator. Help colleagues and staff use their talents to benefit themselves and the organization. This practical, step-by-step guide is designed to help you create an atmosphere in which derailment can be prevented or minimized. Professors of educational administration and curriculum will find this book a valuable asset for courses that focus on teacher and administrator leadership. This text serves as an insightful and practical addition to existing supervision and instructional leadership literature by emphasizing the link between leadership and student-centred learning
- Author BiographyDale L. Brubaker is Professor of Education at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. He has also served on the faculties of the University of California, Santa Barbara, and the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. He received his doctorate in foundations of education from Michigan State University. He is the author or coauthor of numerous books on education and educational leadership, including CREATIVE CURRICULUM LEADERSHIP (Corwin), STAYING ON TRACK, (Corwin), and CREATIVE SURVIVAL IN EDUCATIONAL BUREAUCRACIES. Larry D. Coble is Managing Associate with School Leadership Services, A Division of The Coble Professional Group, a leadership and management consulting organization, and Director of the Collegium for the Advancement of Schools at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. He provides speeches and seminars on leadership nationwide. He was a Senior Program Associate at the Center for Creative Leadership and served as assistant principal, principal, and superintendent in school systems in North Carolina. His most recent superintendency was in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. He received his doctorate in educational administration from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. He is coauthor of STAYING ON TRACK (Corwin).
- Author(s)Dale L. Brubaker,Larry Coble
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication06/09/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Weight327 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.