All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionSelected from throughout Robert Bly's monumental body of work from 1950 through the present, Stealing Sugar from the Castle represents the culmination of an astonishing career in American letters. Bly has long been the voice of transcendentalism and meditative mysticism for his generation. Influenced by Emerson and Thoreau, inspired by spiritual traditions from Sufism to Gsticism, his vision is oracular (Antioch Review). From the rich, earthy simplicity of Silence in the Swy Fields (1962) to the wild yet intricately formal ghazals of My Sentence Was a Thousand Years of Joy (2005) and the striking richness and authority of Talking into the Ear of a Donkey (2011), Bly's poetry is spiritual yet worldly, celebrating the uncanny beauty of the everyday. I am happy, / The moon rising above the turkey sheds. // The small world of the car / Plunges through the deep fields of the night, he writes in Driving Toward the Lac Qui Parle River. Here is a poet moved by the mysteries of the world around him, speaking the language of images in a voice brilliant and bold.
- Author BiographyRobert Bly is the author of numerous books of poetry, including The Light Around the Body, winner of the National Book Award, and Talking into the Ear of the Donkey. He is also the author of many works of nonfiction, including Iron John: A Book About Men, which was an international bestseller and a pioneering work in the men's movement. His awards include the Poetry Society of America's Frost Medal for distinguished lifetime achievement in poetry. He lives in Minneapolis.
- Author(s)Robert Bly
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication11/03/2016
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Weight320 g
- Width142 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.