All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the author of Steampunk Fashion, a stunning collection of steampunk jewelry from top artists around the globe No artform has been more influenced in recent years by steampunk than that of the jeweler. Initially just an arcane collection of clocks and gears, the art has developed into an astounding hotbed of craftsmanship and creativity, blurring the lines between man and nature, and achieving a handmade intricacy which never ceases to fascinate. In the process some of the most valuable and inventive objects of the steampunk movement have been created. In the vanguard were the aficionados of steampunk who needed to accessorize their costumes. More recently, serious silversmiths, goldsmiths, and metal workers, as well as sculptors in miniature, have entered the fray. The best from around the world are featured here, with astonishing photography and insights from each artist. This volume, in the same format as Steampunk Fashion, will appeal to professional and amateur jewelers alike (whether in the movement or t), to anyone working with steampunk, but also to all steampunk enthusiasts, who seem to have an insatiable appetite for the latest aesthetic manifestations of this remarkable genre.
- Author BiographySpurgeon Vaughn Ratcliffe is a fashion journalist, a gallery curator, a designer, an illustrator, and the author of Steampunk Fashion. He opened Achromat Gallery in 2009.
- Author(s)Spurgeon Vaughn Ratcliffe
- PublisherGraffito Books Ltd
- Date of Publication04/02/2014
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- ImprintGraffito Books Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width188 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $32.08
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $30.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.