All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDemon, Official Beastkeeper to the Gods, is transported to the stables under the sea in Poseidon's watery kingdom Taking care of the stables up on Mount Olympus is one thing, but when Poseidon, god of the seas, takes Demon to his underwater realm to cure some sick hippocamps, the young stable boy is pretty fed up. Doris the Hydra can't be trusted to tend to the beasts, how will he breathe underwater ...and what in Zeus's name is a hippocamp anyway? With the help of his magical medical box Demon manages to cure the sea horses of their scale-rot, but when Helios orders him to the Stables of the Sun because one of his steeds has gone lame, Demon realises he's about to get caught up in a feud between water and fire ...The third in a delightful action-packed four-book series from acclaimed writer Lucy Coats, who uses her original and funny voice to bring to life the gods, goddesses and beasts of the ancient Greek pantheon.
- Author BiographyLUCY COATS is the author of more than 30 books for readers of all ages, including ATTICUS THE STORYTELLER'S 100 GREEK MYTHS, which was shortlisted for the Blue Peter Book Award. She began her storytelling career as a bookseller, editor and journalist, and has been fascinated by myths and legends ever since she can remember. Lucy is a book reviewer and blogger as well as active on social media. She lives in deepest South Northamptonshire with her husband and three unruly dogs. When she is not writing, she cooks, grows vegetables, and sits in her stone circle, looking at the stars. Follow Lucy at www.lucycoats.com or Twitter: @lucycoats. DAVID ROBERTS was born in Liverpool, studied fashion design at university then trained as a milliner, and is now one of the UK's foremost children's illustrators. The creator of the DIRTY BERTIE books and the New York Times bestselling artist of picture books IGGY PECK, ARCHITECT and ROSIE REVERE, ENGINEER, David has worked on books for a wide range of ages with writers including Philip Ardagh, Jacqueline Wilson and Julia Donaldson (TYRANNOSAURUS DRIP). He won a Gold Award in the Nestle Children's Book Prize and was shortlisted for the CILIP Kate Greenaway Medal. David is also the illustrator of the acclaimed TINDER by Sally Gardner, and of her WINGS & CO. Fairy Detective series. He lives in London, and is represented by Artists Partners.
- Author(s)Lucy Coats
- PublisherTemplar Publishing
- Date of Publication07/05/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleBeasts of Olympus
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPiccadilly Press Ltd
- Content NoteDavid Roberts
- Weight142 g
- Width12 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine129 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 5
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.88Trending at AU $66.36
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.86
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.82
- AU $26.72Trending at AU $31.82
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.61
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.