All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionArchitect and industrial designer Stefa Giovanni was born in La Spezia in 1954. He earned a degree from the Faculty of Architecture in Florence in 1978. An unfailing creator of best-selling objects, starting from his first industrial project, the 'Girotondo' series for Alessi, he has designed objects that have become full-fledged mass cults: the Bombo stool, Mami series of pots and Alessi bathroom have all garnered record-breaking sales within the design industry. Convinced that the best proof of a project's validity is its commercial success, Giovanni succeeded in blending the very high quality of his designs with the product's mass market appeal, interpreting and often anticipating the public's wants. While a designer's work is usually identified with furniture design, Giovanni's vast output instead ranges from designing cars to ice cream, from small and large electrical appliances to electronic equipment. Published in the same style as the successful 'Minimum Architects' series, the 'Minimum Design' series includes books about the major figures in the field of design, creators of objects that have become a part of our daily lives. The lamp on our desk, the chair we are sitting on or the glasses we are wearing have a genius behind them to be discovered. These volumes introduce in a practical manner the personalities and the works of the world's major designers by way of an historical-critical introduction to the work and life of each individual designer. An accurate selection of the designer's most famous objects arranged in chrological order and a critique of his or her work summarising the most significant reviews published in magazines and newspapers completes the subject.
- Author BiographyAfter earning a degree in Architecture in Florence, Francesca Balena Arista was awarded a doctorate in Industrial Design at the Milan Polytechnic, where she is currently a part of the Lab.I.R.Int Research Unit directed by Andrea Branzi and Michele De Lucchi. Her research focuses on the history and criticism of design and architecture. She was the curator of the Archivio Storico del Centro Studi Poltronova, for which she made the documentary 'Ettore Sottsass e Poltronova', presented together with Philippe Daverio for the Ettore Sottsass exhibition 'Non Capisco Perche' (Trieste 2008). She also curated the 'Superarchitettura Reloaded' exhibition at the Festival Internazionale Design Parade 2008 (Villa Noailles, France).
- Author(s)Francesca Balena Arista
- Publisher24 ORE Cultura s.r.l
- Date of Publication15/08/2012
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Imprint24 ORE Cultura s.r.l
- Content Note100 Colour
- Weight1061 g
- Width235 mm
- Height315 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.