All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis self-contained astrophysics textbook for advanced undergraduates explores how stars form, what happens to them as they age, and what becomes of them when they die. Students can investigate the physical processes sustaining the energy output of stars during each stage of their evolution and which drive the progression from one stage to the next, and examine the relationship between different stages of stellar evolution and the production of the chemical elements. The textbook contains a wealth of worked examples and exercises with full solutions. Summaries, key facts and equations are clearly identified, and there are full colour illustrations throughout. Drawing on decades of experience in supported learning and independent study, this textbook is an ideal bridging text for astrophysics and physics majors looking to move on from the introductory texts. Accompanying resources to this textbook are available at: http://www.cambridge.org/features/astrophysics.
- Author BiographySean Ryan is Professor of Astrophysics and Head of the School of Physics, Astronomy and Mathematics at the University of Hertfordshire. Prior to this he worked for the Open University, contributing to the development of courses in physics and astronomy. Andrew Norton is Senior Lecturer in Physics and Astronomy in the Department of Physics and Astronomy, the Open University. He has authored teaching materials in physics and astronomy across the undergraduate curriculum, including twelve Open University study texts.
- Author(s)Andrew J. Norton,Sean G. Ryan
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication07/01/2010
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note50 exercises
- Weight990 g
- Width210 mm
- Height263 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.