All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Stencil Graffiti, the first book to examine comprehensively this design phemen, Tristan Manco traces the history of stencil art and provides an exciting and thorough overview of the medium. His introduction traces the history of the form, from cave paintings, Chinese silks and Egyptian pyramids to Art Nouveau pochoirs and the Pop art forerunners of stencil art, and then proceeds to a specific history of Stencil Graffiti, tracing its genesis in the Italian fascist propaganda of the 1940s and Basque and Mexican political protests of the 1970s, and examining Stencil Style (typography, functional stencilling, street signage, advertising, decoration). The core of the book is the state of Stencil Graffiti today, from Pop Art to individual street artists' work plus spreads arranged by theme/subject.
- Author BiographyTristan Manco is a partner in a Bristol-based design company, and is extremely well-known and active in the international graffiti community.
- Author(s)Tristan Manco
- PublisherThames & Hudson Ltd
- Date of Publication11/03/2002
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleStreet Graphics / Street Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThames & Hudson Ltd
- Content Note405 illustrations, 400 in colour
- Weight560 g
- Width230 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.57Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.