All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNo matter what your title or place on the organization chart, you have the potential to be a leader or more precisely, the potential to exercise leadership in the moments that matter most. Leadership is t a job title or position, but rather an action. In certain moments and situations, anyone can rise to the occasion to act as a leader gaining respect, confidence, and ultimately greater success in the organization. But how can you recognize these moments where leadership is required, and then kw what to do? Step Up explains six critical leadership moments everyday instances when you have a choice to shine or let opportunity pass you by. Based on their own research and extensive client work, Evans and Foster identify six regularly occurring moments and help you understand how to act wisely and decisively when those moments arise, showing how to: * Get Angry, Not Stupid * Avoid Terminal Politeness * Decide Already * Act When You are the Problem * Leverage Pessimism * Reverse Momentum Anyone can take advantage of opportunities to act as a leader when the time is right and reap the rewards. Step Up is a guide to exercising leadership when it matters most, boosting your personal impact and effectiveness, and making a real difference.
- Author BiographyHENRY EVANS is founder and managing partner for Dynamic Results, LLC, specializing in strategy execution, executive development, and emotionally intelligent leadership. His first book, Winning with Accountability, was published in 2008. He lives in San Francisco, California. COLM FOSTER specializes in working with executives and their teams to improve individual and team effectiveness. He is an adjunct faculty member of University College Dublin and holds a PhD and MBA. Colm lives in Dublin, Ireland, with his family.
- Author(s)Colm Foster,Henry Evans
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication13/05/2014
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Notefigures
- Weight402 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Foreword byMarshall Goldsmith
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.