All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClassic patterns and essential techniques for a range of beautiful garments A compact and comprehensive dressmaking resource for anyone who wants to learn how to make clothes at home. Learn how to make skirts, dresses, trousers, tops and jackets by following clear and simple step-by-step sequences. Everything you need to learn to sew a wardrobe of clothes is included, from tools and materials to key sewing techniques, to projects complete with sewing patterns, ensuring success every time. Includes 11 sewing patterns for making 18 different beautiful garments. Whether you are a beginner dressmaker looking for a clear, concise and dependable introductory guide or an experienced dressmaker looking for new projects and inspiration, Step By Step Dressmaking has something for you.
- Author BiographyAlison Smith, MBE, trained as an Art and Fashion Textile teacher. She worked as Head of Textiles at one of the largest schools in Birmingham before establishing the Alison Victoria school of teaching, now the largest sewing school in the UK. Alison specialises in tailoring and corsetry.
- PublisherDorling Kindersley Ltd
- Date of Publication28/01/2015
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2015
- Weight882 g
- Width197 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Most relevant reviews
- kaarakin16 Jun, 2016by
A "Must Have"
Good pictures with easy to follow steps.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.