All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRaising a child with ADHD can be distressing and exhausting for the whole family. But given the appropriate kwledge, and the right tools, parents can intervene to manage their child's behaviour, leading to improved relationships at home and, it is hoped, a more successful time at school. This simple, flexible six-step programme is full of tried-and-tested ideas for parents and professionals supporting families of young children with ADHD. By practicing the techniques and strategies, parents will gain confidence in their parenting and, over time, will improve the child's management of the condition. The programme includes games that will help improve the child's attention, exercises to develop patience and tips for supporting the child in successful self-organization. There are also plenty of useful ideas for developing communication between parents and schools. Based on research and extensive clinical experience, Step by Step Help for Children with ADHD will help families to adapt their parenting to the child, improving relationships and behaviours in the home and at play group.
- Author BiographyCathy Laver-Bradbury is a consultant nurse specializing in ADHD at Southampton City Primary Care Trust (PCT), and Pathway Leader for Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services at the University of Southampton. Margaret Thompson is Honorary Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist with the Southampton City PCT, an honorary reader in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Clinical Director in the Institute of Delay, Impulsivity and Attention at the University of Southampton. Anne Weeks is a senior nurse, therapist and tutor at the Ashurst Child Development Centre, Ashurst Hospital. David Daley is a senior lecturer on the North Wales Clinical Psychology Programme, School of Psychology, Bangor University. Edmund J. S. Sonuga-Barke is Professor of Developmental Psychopathology at the University of Southampton where he is Director of the Institute of Disorders of Impulse and Attention. He is also Visiting Professor in the Department of Experimental Clinical and Health Psychology at Ghent University.
- Author(s)Anne Weeks,Catherine Laver-Bradbury,Cathy Laver-Bradbury,David Daley,Edmund J. Sonuga-Barke,Margaret Thompson
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/07/2010
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.