All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionBorn in 1942, Stephen Hawking is ordinary scientist. With a career that began over thirty years ago at Cambridge University, he has managed to do more than perhaps any other physicist to broaden our basic understanding of the universe. This skilful portrait of an indefatigable genius traces the course of Hawking's life and science, marrying biography and physics to tell the story of a remarkable man. As the New Stateman said of the first edition in 1992: 'A gripping account of a physicist whose speculations could prove as revolutionary as those of Albert Einstein...Its combination of erudition, warmth, robustness, and wit is entirely appropriate to their subject.
- Author BiographyMichael White is also the biographer of J.R.R. TOLKIEN, and the author of LEONARDO - THE FIRST SCIENTIST. John Gribbin is the author of many acclaimed popular science books, notably SCHRODINGER'S CAT.
- Author(s)John Gribbin,Michael White
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication04/12/2003
- SubjectBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight254 g
- Width132 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.