All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionArtist Stephen Irwin (1959-2010) worked in sculpture, drawing and installation, but he is best kwn for his work altering vintage porgraphy: using steel wool to rub off a magazine page's shiny coating and taking most of the picture with it, Irwin lovingly isolated fragments of the image. Censoring much of what might have been shocking about the original photographs, Irwin's images suggest instead a more expansive erotic landscape of tenderness and perversion, chastity and lasciviousness.<br/>Before his death, Irwin asked that his ashes be compacted and turned into graphite for pencils. Although this ultimate performance never materialized, the gesture and thought is a testament to his creative and conceptual mind, one that fully grasped the delicacy and absurdity of life.
- Publishervarious German publishers
- Date of Publication27/07/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Imprintvarious German publishers
- Weight635 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.