All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn honest and groundbreaking guide to understanding the complicated emotions that develop between stepmothers and children. When faced with often overwhelming challenges, what woman with stepchildren is unfamiliar with that stepmonster feeling? Half of all women in the United States will live with or marry a man with children. To guide women new to this role and empower those who are struggling with it Wednesday Martin draws upon her own experience as a stepmother. She's frank about the harrowing process of becoming a stepmother, she considers the myths and realities of being married to a man with children, and she counteracts the cultural tion that stepmothers are solely responsible for the problems that often develop. Along the way, she interviews other stepmothers and stepchildren and offers up fascinating insights from literature, anthropology, psychology, and evolutionary biology that explain the little-understood realities of this unique parent-child relationship and in an unexpected twist shows why the myth of the Wicked Stepmother is the single best tool for understanding who real stepmothers are and how they feel.
- Author(s)Wednesday Martin
- PublisherHoughton Mifflin
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHoughton Mifflin (Trade)
- Weight476 g
- Width157 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
Most relevant reviews
- wingtze_poodle23 Mar, 2017by
Incredible and honest book that has been well researched for parents and stepparents... every page echoed what I was going through.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.07
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $29.48
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.