All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionWith grants from the Hewlett Packard and Carnegie Foundations, Chris Juzwiak and a growing team of developmental instructors continue to uncover how basic writers learn best, pinpointing what encourages them, what discourages them, and how to serve their learning needs. <i>Stepping Stones</i> reflects the results of these studies with scaffolded exercises and instruction, color-coded parts of speech and writing concepts, and creative activities. With a strong visual appeal and clear explanations, this invative textbook presents sentence and paragraph patterns so that all students can immediately grasp them, and offers carefully constructed guidance for developing and organizing ideas---two of the most difficult tasks for developmental students.Award-winning educator, Chris Juzwiak, kws that many basic writing students have experienced failure in the past, but that with the right tools they can also become confident and successful learners.
- Author BiographyChris Juzwiak holds an M.A. in comparative literature from the University of California, Los Angeles. He has taught college-level English for more than twenty years and is currently chair of the Developmental Composition Program at Glendale Community College. In 2002, he received the John Craven Award for Innovative Pedagogy in Composition Instruction and in 2010 the Distinguished Faculty Award. He has presented at numerous educational conferences, and has received grants from the Carnegie Foundation, the Hewlett Packard Foundation, and the California Basic Skills initiative to support his research into developmental and digital pedagogies.
- Author(s)Chris Juzwiak
- PublisherBedford Books
- Date of Publication11/01/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBedford Books
- Content Notediagrams, figures
- Weight1066 g
- Width211 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.