All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive book encompasses various facets of sterile product development. Key concepts relevant to the successful development of sterile products are illustrated through case studies and are covered under three sections in this book: * Formulation approaches that discuss a variety of dosage forms including protein therapeutics, lipid-based controlled delivery systems, PEGylated biotherapeutics, nasal dosage form, and vaccines * Process, container closure and delivery considerations including freeze-thaw process challenges, best practices for techlogy transfer to enable commercial product development, invations and advancement in aseptic fill-finish operations, approaches to manufacturing lyophilized parenteral products, pen / auto-injector delivery devices, and associated container closure integrity testing hurdles for sterile product closures * Regulatory and quality aspects in the areas of particulate matter and appearance evaluation, sterile filtration, admixture compatibility considerations, sterilization process considerations, microbial contamination investigations and validation of rapid microbiological methods, and dry and moist heat sterilizers This book is a useful resource to scientists and researchers in both industry and academia, and it gives process and product development engineers insight into current industry practices and evolving regulatory expectations for sterile product development.
- Author BiographyParag Kolhe, Ph.D., is People Leader-Senior Principal Scientist at Pfizer in the department of Biotherapeutic Pharmaceutical Sciences in Chesterfield, MO. His area of work includes formulation, process development, QbD approaches, process validation for late stage vaccine and monoclonal antibody biotech products. He is the author of various peer reviewed publications and patent applications in the area of polymeric drug delivery system and biotherapeutic product development. He received his Ph.D. from Wayne State University in the area of Material Science and Engineering. Mrinal Shah, Ph.D., is a Senior Process Development Engineer within the R&D group at LifeCell Corporation in Bridgewater, NJ where his focus and expertise lies in process design, scale-up, validation and technology transfer for tissue and medical device products. His research experience and interest spans tissue regenerative medication and parenteral and ophthalmic product development. Dr. Shah has authored several peer reviewed publications in the field of phase separation and aggregation in protein solution systems. He received his Ph.D. degree in Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering from the University of Houston and has also been awarded postdoctoral fellowships at Houston Advance Research Center and the Center for Biotechnology and Interdisciplinary Studies, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Nitin Rathore, Ph.D, is a Principal Scientist in Drug Product Process Development at Amgen Inc., Thousand Oaks, California. His group is involved with the development of liquid and lyophilized protein drug products. Dr. Rathore has expertise in the area of formulation, fill & finish and drug delivery including process characterization, scale-up and technology transfer of early to late stage biopharmaceuticals. He has authored numerous publications including original research articles, book chapters and scientific presentations on drug product development. Dr. Rathore received his Ph.D. degree in chemical and biological engineering from University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication13/10/2013
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleAAPS Advances in the Pharmaceutical Sciences Series
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note22 black & white illustrations, 67 colour illustrations, 46 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1153 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byMrinal Shah,Nitin Rathore,Parag Kolhe
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.