All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $95.49
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $21.99
About this product
- DescriptionSteve Backshall embarks on his most daring adventure yet. He has just six months to travel six continents and find 60 of the deadliest creatures on the planet for the 26-part Children's BBC series of the same name which will air on BBC1 and the CBBC Channel. From lethal beauties to killer beasts, from the unseen to the unexpected, the one thing these creatures have in common is that they are all deadly. Steve's global adventure spans the continents and his encounters range from famous killers such as the African Cheetah, the Neotropical Piranha and the North American Grizzly Bear to less famous but less deadly animals. For example, few are aware that the Pufferfish is armed with tetrodoxin, an exceptionally lethal poison, estimated to be 1,200 times more deadly than cyanide. Learn about the ingenious techniques and extraordinary weapons that some of our most dangerous animals are armed with. Including the rewned killers, the unexpected and the downright bizarre, this companion book to Steve Backshall's high adrenaline tour of the world's most deadly is t to be missed, by adults and children alike.
- Author BiographySteve Backshall is a British naturalist, writer and television presenter. He has presented on the programme Earth Pulse on the National Geographic channel, as well as the popular BBC children's' series The Really Wild Show and the primetime BBC series The One Show and the Expedition series, where he visited remote places such as Guyana, Alaska, St Kilda and Borneo. His latest series, Steve Backshall's Deadly 60, starts in March 2009. Steve has written Venom for New Holland and is also an author for the Rough Guide series.
- Author(s)Steve Backshall
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication24/04/2009
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNew Holland Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date28/08/2014
- Content Note90 colour photographs
- Weight517 g
- Width185 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.