All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInventor. Visionary. Genius. Dropout. Adopted. Steve Jobs was the founder of Apple and he was all of these things. Steve Jobs has been described as a showman, artist, tyrant, genius, jerk. Through his life he was loved, hated, admired and dismissed, yet he was a living legend; the genius who founded Apple in his parent's garage when he was just 21 years-old, revolutionising the music world. He single-handedly introduced the first computer that could sit on your desk and founded and nurtured a company called Pixar bringing to life Oscar wining animations Toy Story and Finding Nemo. So how did the man, who was neither engineer r computer geek change the world we live in, making us want every product he touched? On graduation day in 2005, a fifty-year-old Steve Jobs said: 'Today I want to tell you three stories from my life, That's it. Just three stories'. The first story is about connecting the dots. My second story is about love and loss. My third story is about death. This is his story...Critically acclaimed author Karen Blumenthal takes us to the core of this complicated and legendary man, from his adoption and early years through to the pinnacles of his career, his dismissal from his duties at Apple (for being too disruptive and difficult) to the graduation where he gave the commencement speech just 6 years before his death, giving life to what were soon to become some of most famous quotes of his career, ending with the message: Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish. And I have always wished that for myself. And w, as you graduate to begin anew, I wish that for you. Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.
- Author BiographyKaren Blumenthal is a critically acclaimed writer, award-winning author and long-time journalist for the Wall Street Journal. She is the author of Bootleg: Murder, Moonshine and the laws of prohibition as well as Sibert Honor book Six Days in October: The Stock Market Crash of 1929, and Let Me Play: The Story of Title IX, which won her a Jane Addams Children's Book Award. She lives in Dallas, Texas.
- Author(s)Karen Blumenthal
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication16/02/2012
- SubjectBiography: Business
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Content NoteBlack & White photos
- Weight265 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Interest Agefrom 12
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $38.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.