All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $63.74Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionA celebration of the timeless act of reading - as seen through the lens of one of the world's most beloved photographers Young or old, rich or poor, engaged in the sacred or the secular, people everywhere read. This homage to the beauty and seductiveness of reading brings together a collection of photographs taken by Steve McCurry over his nearly four decades of travel and is introduced by award-winning writer, Paul Theroux. McCurry's mesmerizing images of the universal human act of reading are an ackwledgement of - and a tribute to - the overwhelming power of the written word.
- Author BiographySteve McCurry is one of the most iconic figures in contemporary photography, with scores of magazine covers, more than a dozen books, and countless exhibitions around the world to his name. His work spans conflicts, vanishing cultures, ancient traditions, and contemporary realities - yet always retains the human element. A member of Magnum Photos, McCurry has been recognized with the Robert Capa Gold Medal and National Press Photographers Award. Paul Theroux is an acclaimed American travel writer and novelist, author of The Great Railway Bazaar and the prize-winning novel The Mosquito Coast.
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication03/10/2016
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Weight1134 g
- Width290 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Photographer(s)Steve McCurry
- Introduction byPaul Theroux
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $105.10Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.