Steve McCurry, Sanctuary: The Temples of Angkor by Steve McCurry, John Guy (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.49Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMagnum photographer Steve McCurry has beautifully and evocatively photographed the temples of Angkor in Cambodia, among the world's most impressive monuments. Over one hundred of his images of the site are collected in this stunning book, which documents a magical world of carved gods, weathered masonry, tangled vegetation and orange-robed monks. Angkor was the capital of the Khmer rulers from the end of the ninth century until the mid-fifteenth. Each built a state temple at the capital, surrounded by walls, moats and embankments laid out in accordance with cosmological precepts. Designated a World Heritage site by UNESCO, the temples attract tourists, archaeologists and art historians, and are also a pilgrimage destination for Buddhist monks. McCurry first visited Angkor on assignment for National Geographic magazine, for whom he has photographed all over the world. He has made many return visits, capturing a sublime portrait of the buildings, sculpture and people of Angkor. Winner of numerous hours, including first prize in the World Press awards and the Robert Capa Gold Medal, McCurry has previously published Portraits and South Southeast (both with Phaidon) . The photographs are accompanied by an informative introduction on the history and meaning of Angkor by John Guy, a leading authority on the cultural history of Southeast Asia.
- Author BiographySteve McCurry (b.1950) launched his career as a photojournalist when, disguised in native garb, he crossed the Pakistan border into Afghanistan before the Russian invasion. His coverage won him the Robert Capa Gold Medal given to photographers exhibiting exceptional courage and enterprise. Famous also for his work in Southeast Asia, his photographs are beautiful, uplifting and powerful. McCurry has worked for National Geographic magazine for many years and is a member of the prestigious Magnum agency John Guy is a leading authority on the cultural history of Southeast Asia. He is Curator of Indian and South East Asian Sculpture at the Victoria & Albert Museum, London, and Consultant to UNESCO on historical monuments in Southeast Asia
- Author(s)John Guy,Steve McCurry
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2005
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content Note89 colour photos
- Weight503 g
- Width270 mm
- Height189 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $41.79Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.42Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $25.07
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.