All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionAfter a 23 year career in TV News, Steve Hunsicker left the comforts of his Florida home, moved to the South Pacific and served for more than two years as Peace Corps Volunteer. As a volunteer, Steve helped more than 500 small business owners start or expand businesses in one on on settings and workshops. He created websites for four Tongan businesses; he tutored students on business topics at the University of the South Pacific and produced several videos including one for Peace Corps to explain Tonga to incoming volunteers. Steve is also the co-author of a travel book about Tonga published by Other Places Publishing. This chrological account of his adventures begins from the day he first decided to apply to Peace Corps until the day he finished his service. Through his stories the reader will gain a great insight into t only the Peace Corps but life in the South Pacific. Steve's story is a great read for anyone who has wanted to leave the world of corporate America for a simliar experience. The beginning of the book deals a lot with the process of applying to Peace Corps, but once Steve arrives in Tonga, the stories and numerous photos bring to life the people and the culture of the island Kingdom. This edition of the book was updated in December, 2012.
- Author BiographySteve Hunsicker is the South Florida recruiter for Peace Corps. Before being hired by Peace Corps, Steve was a business development volunteer in the Kingdom of Tonga. Before volunteering with the Peace Corps, Steve spent 23 years in Television News, including 15 years with Freedom Communications the company that owns WPEC CBS 12, in West Palm Beach. At WPEC, Steve was the Executive News Director, responsible for eight hours of local news every day on WPEC and WFLX Fox 29. Prior to joining WPEC, he was the News Director at Freedom's WTVC's NewsChannel 9, the top rated station in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Steve began his TV career in Tallahassee, Florida and has also run TV News Departments in Gainesville, Florida, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania and Honolulu, Hawaii. Steve enjoys volunteering with the United Way, SCUBA diving and talking with other people interested in Peace Corps service. He is a graduate of West Virginia University and lives in West Palm Beach.
- Author(s)Steve Hunsicker
- Date of Publication23/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.