Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionWinner! 2010 LA Drama Critics Circle Awards: Best Production, Best Direction, Best Ensemble Performance Winner! 2010 LA Garland and 2009 LA Weekly Theatre Awards for Playwriting Winner! Boston IRNE Award Winner! 2006 Black Theatre Alliance Award, Best Play Finalist! 2008 Susan Smith Blackburn Prize Nominee! 2012 Outer Critics Circle Award, Outstanding New Broadway Play The affluent, African-American LeVay family is gathering at their Martha's Vineyard home for the weekend, and brothers Kent and Flip have each brought their respective ladies home to meet the parents for the first time. Kent's fiancee Taylor, an academic whose absent father was a prominent author, struggles to fit into the LeVay's upper-crust lifestyle. Kimber, on the other hand, is a selfdescribed WASP who works with inner-city school children, fits in more easily with the family. Joining these two couples are the demanding LeVay patriarch Joe and Cheryl, the daughter of the family's longtime housekeeper. As the two newcomers butt heads over issues of race and privilege, longstanding family tensions bubble under the surface and reach a boiling point when secrets are revealed.
- Author(s)Lydia R Diamond
- PublisherSamuel French, Inc.
- Date of Publication09/12/2013
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSamuel French, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.