All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.65Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionHe ran with teenage gangs in Brooklyn before becoming a global rock star in the Summer of Love. He was managed by the mob, hung with Hendrix, trashed thousands of hotel rooms, unwittingly paid for an unkwn Led Zeppelin to support him on tour, taught John Bonham (as well as Fred Astaire) a thing or two about drumming, and took part in Zeppelin s infamous deflowering of a groupie with a mud shark. After enrolling in Rod Stewart s Sex Police, he hung out with Kojak, accidentally shared a house with Prince, became blood brothers with Ozzy Osbourne, and got fired by Sharon. He formed an all-blond hair metal band, jammed with John McEnroe and Steven Seagal, became a megastar in Japan, got married five times, slept with 4,500 groupies and, along the way, became a rock legend by single-handedly reinventing hard rock and heavy metal drumming. Carmine Appice has enjoyed a jaw-dropping rock-and-roll life and here he is telling his scarcely believable story. Cowritten with Ian Gittins, the coauthor with Nikki Sixx of the <i>New York Times </i>bestseller <i>The Heroin Diaries</i>, <i>Stick It! </i>is one of the most extraordinary and outrageous rock-and-roll biographies of our time.
- Author Biography<b>Carmine Appice </b>is one of the most revered and innovative drummers in the history of rock. He has played with Vanilla Fudge; Cactus; Beck, Bogert & Appice; Rod Stewart; Ted Nugent; Ozzy Osbourne; and Pink Floyd among many others. He lives in New York and Los Angeles. <b>Ian Gittins </b>is the coauthor with Nikki Sixx of <i>The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star </i>and with David Essex of the UK number one bestseller <i>Over the Moon</i>. He lives in London. <b>Rod Stewart </b>is one of the bestselling music artists of all time, having sold over one hundred million records. He lives in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Carmine Appice
- PublisherChicago Review Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2016
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChicago Review Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Foreword byRod Stewart
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.