Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>The first collected volume of work from feted street artist Stik, fully illustrated and beautifully presented</b> Social change <i>is</i> what art does. I don t kw what else there is, to be honest.Social change seems to me the primary function of art. I feel that s my duty. That s why I m here.That s what art is supposed to do. Stik<b> Stik first came to toriety as an underground street artist who painted life-size stick figures during the night around London s East End. As a firm believer in the right to protest, the freedom of speech, and basic human rights, Stik has w painted murals in cities, towns, and villages all over the world, focusing his work in communities that face repression and disenfranchisement. Having gained an international following, Stik credits his audience with the intelligence to fill in the emotional details of his work, which always consists of just six lines and two dots. Each piece is a meditation. This is the first collected volume of his work to date. It reveals the political and artistic inspiration behind an emerging voice whose work stands alongside Banksy and Keith Haring among true activists in the street art community. The first edition includes an exclusive limited edition lithographic print inside the book in either blue or orange.
- Author Biography<b>Stik</b>is an outsider artist, having never received a higher education. During periods of homelessness, in order to make ends meet, he regularly worked as an artist's life model at the Royal Academy of Art and Central Saint Martin's. It was here that he gained an accidental education in fine art. Stik now travels the world painting giant murals and bringing awareness and aid to the dispossessed and homeless wherever he goes. He lives in London.
- PublisherPenguin Books
- Date of Publication07/06/2016
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books
- Weight1270 g
- Width221 mm
- Height264 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $75.99Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.