All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $30.69
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.22
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $18.21Trending at AU $22.04
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.00
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.67
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionTo an artist's eye, the receding sea leaves the boats in the harbor looking like abandoned water toys after the bath has been drained. Living in the harbor community of St Ives, painter Esme Cochran has watched both her sons fall in love with that sea - Hugo with the surfing and Crispin with the fishing. But here, in the country of the tides, the mists and the extraordinary local light, other love affairs are also begun. Affairs that divide husband from wife, and artist from canvas, take place alongside budding youthful romances, whilst once old sailor, Percy Prynne, is haunted by the tragic echoes of the past and watches over Esme's own growing turmoil with uncanny forekwledge.
- Author BiographyKaren Hayes came to England after obtaining a BA degree from Rutgers University and then an MA in Washington DC. Intending to continue her studies in London for a short time, she married an Englishman and stayed on, settling in the Devon countryside and raising four children. She is the author of seven novels, including Still Life on Sand, Cloud Music, Bridge of Shadows and A Patch of Green Water, and a volume of poetry, Between Mornings.
- Author(s)Karen Hayes
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/1997
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack Swan
- Weight206 g
- Width257 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.