Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.88Trending at AU $78.76
- AU $40.37Trending at AU $43.73
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $26.88
- AU $11.39Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.11
- AU $13.26Trending at AU $16.13
About this product
- DescriptionClement and Angel are fraternal twinsseparated at birth; they grow up in the same small, frontier loggingtown of Stillwater, Minnesota. Clement was left at the orphanage. Angel was adopted by the town s richest couple, but is marked and threatened by her mother s mental illness. They rarely meet, but Clement kws if he is truly in need, Angel will come to save him. Stillwater, near the Mississippi River andCanada, becomes an important stop on the Underground Railroad. As Clement and Angel grow up and the country marches to war, their lives are changed by many battles for freedom and by losses in the struggle for independence, large and small. Stillwaterreveals the hardscrabble lives of pioneers, nuns, squaws, fur trappers, loggers, runaway slaves and freedmen, outlaws and people of conscience, all seekinga better, freer, more prosperous future. It is a vel about mothers, about siblings, about the ways in which we must take care of one ather and let go of one ather. And it sbrought to us in Nicole Helget s winning, gorgeous prose.
- Author(s)Nicole Lea Helget
- PublisherHoughton Mifflin
- Date of Publication04/02/2014
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHoughton Mifflin
- Out-of-print date27/04/2017
- Weight431 g
- Width145 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.