All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.08Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
About this product
- DescriptionThe ability for a material to change properties in response to external stimuli is an attractive feature for numerous applications and as such stimuli responsive materials are gaining attention across many different fields. This book introduces the concepts of stimuli-responsiveness, including the fundamental materials properties required for design. It provides readers with comprehensive scientific principles and developments of stimuli responsive materials, as well as the recent techlogical advances. Written by a rewned expert in the field, this book is suitable for anyone interested in stimuli responsive materials working in polymers, biochemistry, biotechlogy and materials science.
- Author BiographyProf. Dr. Marek W. Urban is an internationally and nationally recognized scientist in the area of polymeric stimuli-responsive films and coatings. He is the J.E. Sirrine Endowed Chair and Professor of materials science and engineering at Clemson University, USA. He graduated from Marquette University (MS), Michigan Tech (PhD), and did a post doc at Case Western Reserve University. He has authored over 300 research papers, three books, and edited 8 American Chemical Society Advances in Chemistry Series books and one by Wiley-VCH. He chaired the Gordon Research Conference on Polymer Films and Coatings and is the recipient of numerous awards. The current focus of his research is on stimuli-responsive polymeric materials as well as molecular processes governing their behaviour as well as the role of nano-shapes in heterogeneous networks are of particular interest.
- Author(s)Marek W. Urban
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication15/06/2016
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Weight896 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.