Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionAlgebraic, differential, and integral equations are used in the applied sciences, en- gineering, ecomics, and the social sciences to characterize the current state of a physical, ecomic, or social system and forecast its evolution in time. Generally, the coefficients of and/or the input to these equations are t precisely kwn be- cause of insufficient information, limited understanding of some underlying phe- mena, and inherent randonmess. For example, the orientation of the atomic lattice in the grains of a polycrystal varies randomly from grain to grain, the spa- tial distribution of a phase of a composite material is t kwn precisely for a particular specimen, bone properties needed to develop reliable artificial joints vary significantly with individual and age, forces acting on a plane from takeoff to landing depend in a complex manner on the environmental conditions and flight pattern, and stock prices and their evolution in time depend on a large number of factors that cant be described by deterministic models. Problems that can be defined by algebraic, differential, and integral equations with random coefficients and/or input are referred to as stochastic problems. The main objective of this book is the solution of stochastic problems, that is, the determination of the probability law, moments, and/or other probabilistic properties of the state of a physical, ecomic, or social system. It is assumed that the operators and inputs defining a stochastic problem are specified.
- Author(s)Mircea Grigoriu
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication13/12/2013
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note576 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1193 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2002
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.