Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the first books to provide in-depth and systematic application of finite element methods to the field of stochastic structural dynamics The parallel developments of the Finite Element Methods in the 1950 s and the engineering applications of stochastic processes in the 1940 s provided a combined numerical analysis tool for the studies of dynamics of structures and structural systems under random loadings. In the open literature, there are books on statistical dynamics of structures and books on structural dynamics with chapters dealing with random response analysis. However, a systematic treatment of stochastic structural dynamics applying the finite element methods seems to be lacking. Aimed at advanced and specialist levels, the author presents and illustrates analytical and direct integration methods for analyzing the statistics of the response of structures to stochastic loads. The analysis methods are based on structural models represented via the Finite Element Method. In addition to linear problems the text also addresses nlinear problems and n-stationary random excitation with systems having large spatially stochastic property variations. * A systematic treatment of stochastic structural dynamics applying the finite element methods * Highly illustrated throughout and aimed at advanced and specialist levels, it focuses on computational aspects instead of theory * Emphasizes results mainly in the time domain with limited contents in the time-frequency domain * Presents and illustrates direction integration methods for analyzing the statistics of the response of linear and nlinear structures to stochastic loads Under Author Information - one change of word to existing text: He is a Fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)...
- Author BiographyCho Wing Solomon To is Professor of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, USA. He gained his Ph.D from the University of Southampton, UK, in 1980. Prior to joining UNL, he was a Professor at the University of Western Ontario and an Associate Professor at the University of Calgary. He was a Research Fellow of the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada from 1982-1992, and a Research Fellow at the Institute of Sound and Vibration Research (ISVR), University of Southampton. He is a member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), the American Academy of Mechanics (AAM), the Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM), and a founder Fellow of the Institution of Diagnostics Engineers, U.K. He served as chair of the ASME Finite Element Techniques and Computational Technologies Technical Committee. Dr To s research interests include Sound and Vibration Studies, Solid and Computational Mechanics, and System Dynamics and Controls.
- Author(s)Cho W. S. To
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication06/12/2013
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight758 g
- Width170 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.