CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
About this product
- DescriptionOriginally a border market town above the Mersey, with a small medieval castle, Stockport grew into the leading cotton manufacturer of the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries. This new history looks at the evolution of the town to the present day, from Roman activity and the Civil War, through the industrial period, to the arrival of modern Stockport with the coming of the railway. This is an essential guide for anyone with an interest in gaining an insight into the proud heritage of this fascinating town.
- Author BiographySteve Cliffe is a member of the conservation charity Stockport Heritage Trust. He is a former local councillor and publisher of the popular Stockport Heritage magazine.
- Author(s)Steve Cliffe
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2005
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleHistory and Guide
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note182
- Weight380 g
- Width172 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.