All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStoked! is an inspiring true story about courage, determination and the power of dreams. Chris Bertish was a skinny little kid from Cape Town when he started surfing with his brothers. Fiercely driven and constantly pushing his boundaries, Chris was t content with conquering 'ordinary' big waves. He wanted more: Bigger waves, bigger swells, more adrenaline. What began as a personal quest to prove to himself that he was one of the best in the 'big-wave brotherhood' culminated a decade later with Chris being crowned South Africa's first Mavericks big wave champion. Competitors in the 2010 event were faced with the biggest and heaviest waves ever recorded in the history of the sport and Chris, on his own budget, on the back of a 40-hour plane journey and on borrowed equipment, outsmarted and outperformed the world's best-paid professional surfers. How did Chris achieve this feat? 'Nothing is impossible, unless you believe it to be' is just one of the philosophies he lives by. Out of his passion for big-wave surfing has grown a profound wisdom and an appreciation of a few simple truths, which he shares in Stoked!. With his infectious enthusiasm, Chris tells how he pulled off death-defying antics time and again, overcame overwhelming obstacles and fears, and parried every blow that fate dealt him, all without ever losing faith or focus on his dreams.
- Author BiographyChris Bertish is a world-champion big-wave surfer and winner of the 2010 Mavericks Big Wave Invitational. He holds numerous world records, most recently in the field of stand-up paddling (SUP). He is popular in the media and on the public-speaking circuit, and is an ambassador for Miles for smiles in association with Operation smile, which helps fund corrective surgery for children born with cleft palates. When he's not managing his brand business in Cape Town, Chris travels the world inspiring audiences with his story of how he conquered his fears and proved that there is no such thing as Impossible; Only, I'm possible.
- Author(s)Chris Bertish
- PublisherStruik Publishers (Pty) Ltd
- Date of Publication31/07/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationCape Town
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintZebra Press
- Content Note16 page image section
- Weight360 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.