All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $20.98Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionChallenging the tion that civilization started in Greece, this uncompromising classic attempts to prove that the true authors of Greek philosophy were t Greeks but Egyptians. The text asserts that the praise and hor blindly given to the Greeks for centuries rightfully belong to the people of Africa, and argues that the theft of this great African legacy led to the erroneous world opinion that the African continent has made contribution to civilization. Quoting such celebrated Greek scholars as Herodotus, Hippocrates, Aristotle, Thales, and Pythagoras, who admit to the influence of Egyptian studies in their work, this edition sheds new light on traditional philosophical and historical thought. Originally published in 1954, this book features a new introduction.
- Author BiographyMolefi Asante, a professor of African American studies at Temple University, created the first African American studies department offering a doctorate degree. He has written over 30 books, including The Egyptian Philosophers and Afrocentricity. He lives in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Ama Mazama is a professor of African American studies at Temple University. She lives in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)George G.M. James
- PublisherAfrican American Images
- Date of Publication01/04/2002
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAfrican American Images
- Weight258 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Introduction byMolefi Kete Asante
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.