All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSex trafficking is currently a hot news topic, but it is t a new problem or just a problem in other countries. Every year, an estimated 300,000 American children are at risk of being lured into the sex trade, some as young as eight years old. It is thought that up to 90 percent of victims are never rescued. <i>Stolen </i>is the true story of one survivor who escaped--more than once. First recruited while staying with her family at a hotel in Miami Beach, Katariina Rosenblatt was already a lonely and abused young girl who was yearning to be loved. She fell into the hands of a confident young woman who pretended friendship but slowly lured her into a child prostitution ring. For years afterward, a cycle of false friendship, threats, drugs, and violence kept her trapped. As Kat shares her harrowing experiences, readers will quickly realize the frightening truth that these terrible things could have happened to any child--a neighbor, a niece, a friend, a sister, a daughter. But beyond that, they will see that there is real hope for the victims of sex trafficking. <i>Stolen </i>is more than a warning. It is a celebration of survival that will inspire.
- Author Biography<b>Katariina Rosenblatt</b>, PhD, is living proof of the promise she heard long ago at a Billy Graham crusade that God would never forsake her. Katariina has a PhD in conflict analysis and resolution and works closely with law enforcement agencies, such as the FBI and Homeland Security, to eliminate human slavery. She also founded There Is Hope for Me, a nonprofit organization dedicated to freeing other victims of human trafficking. She has been featured on CNN and in <i>Today's Christian Woman</i> and lives in Florida.<b>Cecil Murphey</b> has written or coauthored more than 130 books, including the bestselling <i>90 Minutes in Heaven</i> with Don Piper and the autobiography of Franklin Graham, <i>Rebel with a Cause</i>. A collaborator on the bestseller <i>Gifted Hands</i> with Dr. Ben Carson, Cecil resides in Georgia.
- Author(s)Cecil Murphey,Katariina Rosenblatt
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRevell, a division of Baker Publishing Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.