All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe same day that the villagers of Thornstowe finally hunt down a witch with a reputation for stealing children, a 12-year-old appears in the woods with memory of her past. Is there a connection between Isabelle, the girl who doesn't kw who she is, and the girl the witch stole six years earlier? One of the few things Isabelle remembers is a chant that keeps running through her head: Old as dirt, dirty as dirt. Ugly as sin, mean as sin. Don't let the old witch catch you! Could Isabelle have been stolen by the old witch of the woods, or has she lost her memory as the result of an accident? And what about the baby the witch stole right before the villagers attacked? Did either the witch or the baby survive the fire the villagers set? Isabelle heard sound beyond the faintest shivering of leaves in a gentle breeze. No sound of pursuit. But surely something was wrong, or she would kw who and where she was. So she resumed running. But it wasn't as effortless as before. Her worry weighed her down as she tried to list the things she knew--and found the list of things she didn't kw longer by far.
- Author BiographyVivian Vande Velde's books have won many awards, including the Edgar Allan Poe Award for Never Trust a Dead Man. She is also the author of Ghost of a Hanged Man. She lives in Rochester, New York.
- Author(s)Vivian Vande Velde
- PublisherAmazon Publishing
- Date of Publication21/01/2014
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationSeattle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTwo Lions
- Weight227 g
- Width140 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Reading AgeFrom 7
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.45
- AU $49.72Trending at AU $52.95
- AU $11.09Trending at AU $15.01
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $8.43Trending at AU $10.62
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.54
- AU $12.80Trending at AU $17.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.