All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionNo scars at all. Which, when you think about it, is maybe t such a good sign Catherine is fifteen years old, and was discovered in a state of almost total neglect. No one is even sure if she's ever left the room she was found in. She can't walk and can't speak. Her recovery seems impossible. But children can be shockingly resilient, especially with inspired medical care. Sponsored by a fundraising drive led by a tabloid newspaper, her only surviving relative has been able to get Catherine the best private medical care that money can buy. She responds well to the experimental treatment. But she seems to be getting more violent, and remains stubbornly resistant to language. Or is she? Soon, Catherine's doctors and great-aunt begin to discover what it is, exactly, that they've uncovered...Inspired by true events.
- Author BiographyPlaywright Eve Leigh returns to the Finborough Theatre after the success of her first play Silent Planet in 2014. She trained at the Royal Court Young Writers' Programme and Studio Group, and is currently under commission to the Royal Shakespeare Company. Her work includes Plunder (The Young Vic), Red Sky at Night (Bush Theatre), Rapture (Soho Theatre), and the interactive installations Your Future (Camden People's Theatre, Hebbel Am Ufer, Ballhaus Ost, and Sophiensaele, Berlin), A Short and Boring Story (Camden People's Theatre), and Something Else (Ovalhouse and Camden People's Theatre). Dramaturgy includes How to Win Against History by Seiriol Davies (Ovalhouse and National Tour), Das Spiel by Philipp Oberlohr (Ovalhouse and International Tour) and The Climate Games (Berliner Festspiele and COP21, Paris).
- Author(s)Eve Leigh
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication16/05/2016
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Books Ltd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.