Save on Textbooks
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.84
About this product
- DescriptionAustralian physicist and photographer, Peter Elliston, packed his cumbersome camera and travelled over many years to eighteen countries on four continents seeking out and photographing petroglyphs and pictographs, standing stones, monuments, and ancient ruins. In this book, each photograph is accompanied by commentary by Elliston on the historical importance of each of the sites, or by accounts by the nineteenth century archaeologists and explorers who first discovered many of these places. The combination of photographs and writing provide an extremely rich experience. An enduring curiosity about our past has led Peter Elliston to locate, research, decode, and record the historically significant visual and textual information found in 'Stones and Marks'. Elliston's exquisite photographs are powerfully combined with his scholarly writing.
- Author BiographyPeter Elliston
- Author(s)Peter Elliston
- PublisherLodima Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2004
- Place of PublicationRevere
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLodima Press
- Content Note76 b/w plates
- Weight2070 g
- Width110 mm
- Height130 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.