All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.23
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.26
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $78.69
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.32
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.47
About this product
- DescriptionTrudi Montag is a Zwerg - a dwarf - short, undesirable, different, the plucky but sometimes defeated voice of anyone who has ever tried to fit in. Eventually she learns that being different is a secret that all humans share - from her mother who flees into madness, to her childhood friend Georg whose parents always wanted a girl, and therefore treat him as one, to the Jews Trudi harbours in her cellar when her small town is hit by the lead up to World War II. Ursula Hegi brings us a timeless and unforgettable story in Trudi and a small German town, weaving together a profound tapestry of emotional power, humanity, and truth.
- Author BiographyUrsula Hegi lived the first eighteen years of her life in Germany. In addition to STONES FROM THE RIVER, she is the author of THE VISION OF EMMA BLAU, FLOATING IN MY MOTHER'S PALM, INTRUSIONS and UNEARNED PLEASURES AND OTHER STORIES. She lives in New York.
- Author(s)Ursula Hegi
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication06/09/1999
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight700 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.