All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.37Trending at AU $27.60
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $46.79
- AU $35.57Trending at AU $38.84
- AU $10.71Trending at AU $12.84
- AU $20.05Trending at AU $25.38
- AU $29.95Trending at AU $51.41
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $20.24
About this product
- DescriptionIf there were a Guinness Book of World Records entry for 'amount of times having prayed the sinner's prayer, ' I'm pretty sure I'd be a top contender, says pastor and author J. D. Greear. He struggled for many years to gain an assurance of salvation and eventually learned he was t alone. Lack of assurance is epidemic among evangelical Christians. In Stop Asking Jesus Into Your Heart, J. D. shows that faulty ways of present- ing the gospel are a leading source of the confusion. Our presentations may t be heretical, but they are sometimes misleading. The idea of asking Jesus into your heart or giving your life to Jesus often gives false assurance to those who are t saved--and keeps those who genuinely are saved from fully embracing that reality. Greear unpacks the doctrine of assurance, showing that salvation is a posture we take to the promise of God in Christ, a posture that begins at a certain point and is maintained for the rest of our lives. He also answers the tough questions about assurance: What exactly is faith? What is repentance? Why are there so many warnings that seem to imply we can lose our salvation? Such issues are handled with respect to the theological rigors they require, but Greear never loses his pastoral sensitivity or a communication technique that makes this message teachable to a wide audience from teens to adults.
- Author BiographyJ. D. Greear is lead pastor of The Summit Church, a multi-site congregation in Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina. He holds an M.Div. in International Church Planting and a Ph.D. in Systematic Theology from the Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. Greear also lived and worked among Muslims in Southeast Asia for two years and wrote Breaking the Islam Code. He and his wife have four children.
- Author(s)J D Greear
- Date of Publication01/02/2013
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight136 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Foreword byDr Paige Patterson
- Read byTom Parks
- Contained items statement4 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time237
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.