All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionImproving basic riding technique is all about perfecting it over time. There is quick fix; it takes months or even years to develop. You have to learn to work as a team with every horse you ride, whether you are a vice rider just starting out, or an advanced rider wanting to improve. This book will give you a greater insight as to how three aspects of riding - stopping, moving and turning - are used both separately and interlinked to enable you to establish a correct training regime, whether you are starting a young horse, or retraining an older individual. The outcome of being able to stop, go and turn with ease is a horse that is well balanced, attentive to the rider's aids and able to work through his back, and this can only be achieved under a ride with a correct position and clear aids. This book shows you how.
- Author BiographyClaire Lilley has been teaching riding for many years. She runs her own training centre in Melksham, Wiltshire, specialising in short-term courses for riders and their horses and unmounted workshops covering many aspects of horsemanship. She has written several books, published by J.A. Allen (including 200+ School Exercises with Poles, The Scales of Training and Dressage to Music), has produced her own series of training programme DVDs and a range of lungeing equipment.
- Author(s)Claire Lilley
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- SubjectEquestrian & Animal Sports
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJ.A.Allen & Co Ltd
- Content NoteColour photos and drawings throughout
- Weight425 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.