All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany of us struggle with overeating and losing weight. We all kw what we should be eating, but somehow we still reach for those unhealthy foods that deep down we kw aren't doing us any good. In this new book, chartered psychologist Dr Jane McCartney explains how to identify and address the underlying emotional reasons for overeating so you can turn your health and your life around. In this 28-day plan, you'll discover how to separate food from emotion to break free from comfort eating and develop a healthy relationship with food. For four weeks, you'll follow a straightforward programme that lets you explore the emotional triggers behind overeating. You'll then be given the tools you need to work through these issues and discover a new approach to dealing with challenges and problems. There is also a healthy eating plan to help you stay on track. Revolutionary and empowering, this book will help you to understand yourself, take control of your eating habits and ultimately maintain a healthy weight for life.
- Author BiographyDr Jane McCartney is a chartered psychologist specialising in overeating issues. She regularly features in the media, including the Daily Mail, BBC World and This Morning. She lives in London.
- Author(s)Dr. Jane McCartney
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication05/06/2014
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight306 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Most relevant reviews
- nrabouin03 Jul, 2015by
Disappointing, don't bother.
I bought this book after hearing an inspiring radio interview with the author but was rather disappointed with it. Dreadful cover with illustration of open packet of biscuits kept tempting me to buy and eat some. I couldn't identify with any of the profoundly distressing case studies of people with massive emotional problems and found reading the book depressing. After struggling through to the end I discarded the book as I could not bear to have it in the house.
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07