All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat's the first thing a woman does when she thinks she might be pregnant? She Googles. And it all goes downhill from there. The internet is littered with hyper-judgmental message boards and heaps of contradictory and scolding information. Stop Reading Baby Books! guides parents through the trenches of new parenting, warning readers of the pleasures and perils of mommy blogs, new parent groups, self-described 'lactivists,' sleep fascists, incessant trend pieces on working versus n-working mothers, and the place where free time and self-esteem goes to die: Pinterest (back away from the handmade flower headbands for baby!). With refreshing humility and riotous humour, JJ Keith cuts to the truth - whether it's about 'perfect' births, parenting gurus, the growing tide of vaccine rejecters, the joy of blanketing Facebook with baby pics, or germophobia - to move conversations about parenting away from experts espousing blanket truths to amateurs relishing in what a big messy pile of delight and trauma having a baby is.
- Author BiographyAuthors Bio, not available
- Author(s)J.J. Keith
- PublisherBlack Inc.
- Date of Publication27/08/2014
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationMelbourne, VIC
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- Weight174 g
- Width129 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $20.02Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.