All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this tour de force, celebrated historian Peter Linebaugh takes aim at the thieves of land, the polluters of the seas, the ravagers of the forests, the despoilers of rivers and the removers of mountaintops. Scarcely a society has existed that has t had commoning at its heart. These essays kindle the embers of memory to ignite our future commons. From Thomas Paine to the Luddites, from Karl Marx to the practical dreamer William Morris, to the 20th-century communist historian E.P. Thompson, Linebaugh brings to life the vital commonist tradition.
- Author BiographyPeter Linebaugh is a historian, a professor at the University of Toledo, the coauthor of Albion s Fatal Tree and The Many Headed Hydra, and the author of The London Hanged and The Magna Carta Manifesto. His articles have appeared in publications that include CounterPunch, the New Left Review, New York University Law Review, Radical History Review, and Social History. He lives in Toledo, Ohio.
- Author(s)Peter Linebaugh
- PublisherPM Press
- Date of Publication14/02/2014
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationOakland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPM Press
- Weight332 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.38
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.25
- AU $11.67Trending at AU $15.72
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.86
- AU $43.40Trending at AU $47.45
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $36.00
- AU $42.71Trending at AU $49.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.